Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed

For Veterans

How may I get a copy of my military records (discharge, medical, etc.)?
Most military records are stored at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri.  You may visit the National Archives web site to request copies of military service records.

If you are unable to obtain a copy of the medical records through the above outlets, the congressional office can help facilitate a request for your military service, or that of a family member.  In order to help with the request, you must first fill out an Authorization Form, and fax it to the Ogden office.   If you have any questions about this process or military records in general, you can call and request to speak with a staff member.

How may I obtain the medals I should have received during my service?
Military medals are primarily handled through the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis.  However, if you are unable to obtain them through the Records Center, the congressional office may be able to help.  If you are owed medals from your service, please fill out this Authorization Form and fax or mail it to the congressional office in Ogden, Utah. You should also follow up with a staff member once the authorization form has been filled out and sent to the office.  There may be additional paperwork required to process the request for medals.  If you have any questions, please contact the Ogden office.

How may I get my VA claim or appeal processed faster?

The Veterans Administration currently has many claims pending, and as a result, it may appear to many veterans that their case has been overlooked.  If you feel this is the case, you may contact the Ogden office and a staff member who specializes in these issues will contact the VA to request that a particular case be "flagged,” which then allows the congressional office to track its progress.  NOTE: the congressional office may not act as the "representative" on anyone’s VA claim.  It may be in your best interest to have an attorney or veterans’ representative help with the official claim. If you would like the office to look into the current status of a claim or appeal, please fill out and print the Authorization Form and fax or mail it to the Ogden office.

How may I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?

Call: 1-800-827-1000 - This is the toll free number that veterans may use to receive information on benefits.

How do I get information about the education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill?
isit for information on how to apply for the GI bill benefits.

How may I obtain medical benefits?
Call: 1-877-222-VETS (8387)
Apply for enrollment by filling out  VA Form 10-10EZ found on the website above

How may I obtain a home loan?
For eligibility requirements, visit:

Where may I access information about the Veterans Homeowners Assistance Program (HAP)?

DOD Homeowner’s Assistance Program (HAP)

Other information:

 Bishop letter requesting veterans' center in Ogden, Utah [letter] [constituent letter in Deseret News] [Ogden Standard Examiner Investigates U.S. Veterans' Affairs Refusal to Approve New VA Center]